After 89 hours spent in researching evaluating 166 fast hoverboards, I’d like to pick the TOMOLOO Fire Kylin Q2-C as the top choice for the fastest hoverboards.
Hunting for the fastest hoverboard requires the consideration of multiple other features beyond speed. You want a hoverboard that is not only fast, but one that assures you of safety, service, and easy integration into your lifestyle.
In addition to the top speed of hoverboards, this review will highlight other considerations that make the following picks the top 6 fastest hoverboards for 2020.
What’s The Best Top Speed Hoverboards For You?
Best Overall: TOMOLOO Fire Kylin Q2-C
A light-weight but very sturdy hoverboard that is friendly to kids and newbie riders. Comes with a super-advanced mainboard program for extra stability and smooth riding
Best Maneuverability: Segway miniLITE
A powerful choice of hoverboard with a wider user consideration. Has a detachable kneebar for improved controllability and physically-challenged users.
Best Balance: Beston Sports hoverboard
A simple new-generation offering more effortless balance and high performance. It is made with thick anti-slip footpads fixed on wide foot pedals for extra comfort and traction.
Best Sports: SISIGAD Sports/Outdoors
A smooth, sturdy, streamlined hoverboard adapted for rough use. Its huge 6.5-inch air-filled rubber tires mean more speed, shock absorption, and better ground clearance.
Best Racing: Swagtron App-Enabled Hoverboard
A rugged machine suited for maximum performance in all terrain. It easily races up 30-degree inclines on any terrain.
What’s Most Important to You Buying Fast Hoverboards?
- Safety is the 1st priority
Safety should be your number one priority when selecting your fastest hoverboard. Ensure that your pick has a strong frame to withstand weight and potential crashes or drops. The battery should also be UL-2272 certified to reduce the risks of explosion, overheating or underperformance.
- Speed with control
While the major consideration of this review is the fastest hoverboard, always keep in mind that the faster you go, the more the potential risks.
That said; try to go for a hoverboard that has smart speed restriction. Such devices will limit your speed depending on features such as terrain. Some even have speed restrictions for new users.
- Battery life at your demand
Depending on how you need to use your hoverboard, you should take keen considerations for battery life. A board with top speeds and long battery life can be used for long distances.
On the other hand, if you just need a hoverboard for neighborhood fun, you can go for an option that has a shorter battery life. It is recommended that kids should use boards that have moderate speeds and longer battery life.
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Choosing Fastest Hoverboards
- Always look for full features? Do not buy a gadget just because it has tons of features incorporated yet you will barely use most of them. More features translate to higher prices.
- The fastest, the best? Do not just look at the top speed of the hoverboard and base your purchase on it. Good quality boards incorporate some metal, especially in the frame. Pay for the features that suit your daily life. Do you need to get rid of any features? Or what are the most important feature for you?
The Top 6 Fastest Hoverboards in 2020
An affordable smart hoverboard that is easy to use for both adults and kids.
- Perfect for beginners and children
- Sturdy and reinforced with aluminum
- Long-lasting battery
It is your best fit if:
- You are a beginner: This hoverboard has an outstanding self-balancing ability if you are just getting started. It has ergonomic foot pedals which combined with its 6.5-inch wheels offer the best stability.
- You love entertainment: The Tomoloo will get you noticed from miles away. It has 5 different lights spread out on the rims, backside and in between the foot panels. It also comes with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to play loud music as you go.
The Tomoloo hoverboard fits just about everyone. The foot pedals felt nice and wide, bearing in mind that I have wide feet. My 11 year old nephew would also stand quite comfortably on it.
Performance-wise, it has three speed modes for you to select. On the “slow” mode, it feels just okay, but there are noticeable vibrations. On “normal” mode, the vibrations reduce and the speed is normal. I feel like the best mode to use is “high speed” if you can handle it. It runs smoothly and it felt like floating. The best thing is that you can alter between these modes from a mobile phone app as you ride.
Overall, the hoverboard feels firm. Its 6.5-inch wheels offer ground clearance of about 0.8 inches from the floor. This makes it quite easy to balance and comfortable on smooth ground. However, the outer plastic easily scratches when grazed by rough surfaces.
All in all, the Tomoloo comes off as the one board that has everything in one. Despite the few hitches, it offers perfect value for money.
2. Segway miniLITE Self-Balancing Electric Hoverboard
A small, compact and stylish hoverboard packed with more power and wider user range.
- Small, compact design
- Detachable kneebar
- More controllability
- Longer range
It is your best fit if:
- You cover longer distances: Despite its small size, the Segway miniLITE is one of the most durable hoverboards in the market today. It has a longer range of 11 miles and a top speed of 10mph.
- You have a physical challenge: In case you have a mobility issue and cannot walk for long, this is your perfect companion. It has longer battery life, a padded kneebar for extra support and control, and is light in the event that you have to lift or carry it.
I found this hoverboard to be quite outstanding because of its padded kneebar. Honestly, it is the simplest two-wheeler to control even at its top speed. Due to this, it can be used by kids as young as 8 years and the elderly in their 60’s without getting the guardians worried. I found that the kneebar to add more fun and maneuverability even for an experienced rider like me.
The performance of the Segway miniLITE is on another level. First, its self-balance is so perfect that I would not mind gifting it to a 5-year-old kid. You would only fall off out of intent. Second, the narrow design of the tires plus their huge 10.5-inch size ensures you have sufficient ground clearance and smooth movement on almost any terrain. However, when the terrain is rough, avoid steep inclines as it tends to struggle a little.
It also has some additional features that make it a perfect outdoor companion. One, it has a dedicated app that lets you control it remotely. In addition, you can customize the colors of the led lights as you wish. To top it all up, it comes with an anti-theft alarm in the event of unauthorized use.
A chunky and muscular hoverboard that charges quickly.
Top speed: 8 mph | Range: 12 km | Weight: 17.3 pounds | Max Load: 180 lbs
- Large size
- Bright headlights
- Non-slip footpads
It is your best fit if:
- You are lightweight: This is a good hoverboard if you or any other user is below 180 pounds as this is its maximum load capacity.
- You want a cheap hoverboard gift for kids: Hoverboards had become a popular toy among kids, if this is your first time try to buy a hoverboard for your child, don’t miss this one as it gains full features while the price is acceptable and quality is good as well.
My first impression of the Beston hoverboard was that it appeared too flashy to perform as I wanted. However, after several uses, I found out that I had judged it too early. When you are on top of it, despite its minimal shape, you can feel the sturdy frame holding your weight in a comfortable position. It is not shaky and you don’t feel yourself exerting too much pressure on it.
I cannot leave out the non-slip foot pedals bit. When you stand on it, especially with rubber-soled shoes, it feels like you are glued onto the pedals. The rubber padding and ergonomic design of the footing make sure you can never slide off even in wet weather. The entire pedal area is also wide you can wiggle your feet a little without struggling.
The one bit that disappointed me is the small size of the tires. If you ever take this board off-road where the ground is course or grass grows over 4 inches high, you will feel like the wheels are about to break. The speed also suffers in such conditions even when on full power.
A tough, muscular, and flashy outdoor performer.
- Super sturdy
- Aluminum frame
- Smooth riding in all terrain
It is your best fit if:
- You love sports: The SISIGAD is made for sporty use. It effortlessly withstands maximum usage, high-speed racing, sharp turns, extreme bumps, and wetness.
- Your terrain varies: This hoverboard survives in all types of terrain. It switches from tarmac to grass or mud without a struggle.
- You will expose it to rough handling: The compact design and hardy material used to create the SISIGAD enables it to withstand rough handlings such as regular crashes and drops.
I used to think that hoverboards are meant for luxury use until I found SISIGAD and my friend commended its ability to smoothen bumpy rides and tackle inclines of about 10 degrees easily. That is what this board does. You can charge it several times a day, share it with all your neighbors’ kids, run it through puddles, use it for racing, and at the end of the day, it will still be as neat and strong as you bought it.
When I first lifted it, I had a feeling that the wrong item was in the box. It is quite light and has a misleading appearance that can make you doubt its ability to carry 260 pounds of weight and still attain 9 miles per hour. Well, it does more than that; it goes up inclines as 10 degrees at full speed without the slightest hint of a struggle.
Though not very important, if you are a freak for multiple colors and prints, you have tens of varieties to choose from. If your girlfriend ever needed a flashy gift, get her this one!
The best off-road choice for those who need more speed, power, and adventure.
Why I like it
- More Bluetooth functions such as maps, battery check, and mode change
- Up to 30-degree inclination
- Fast-charging battery (2 hours)
It is your best fit if:
- You have bad roads: This board performs perfectly on the tarmac as well as rugged roads with mud, puddles, grass, and stones.
- You are tech-ish: If you love technology, then you have enough of it for this device. It has Bluetooth connectivity and a dedicated app that lets you do more than other boards allow.
When I first unboxed the Swagtron, my immediate realization was that it was quite rugged. The foot pedals have engraved patterns, the wheels have huge treads, and there were minimal decorations.
Well, as I would learn after a few rides, this rugged design matches the performance of the Swagtron – it is a beast! The board can comfortably hold 220 pounds and attain its top speed of 17.5mph on a 30-degree incline! It is also very aggressive when treading over potholes and grass patches. It also resists water splashes very well.
One thing that I wish Swagtron did better is improving performance during low-battery. When the power sinks, off-roading becomes hard due to extra sensitivity with the control. There is an app through which you can adjust the sensitivity, but it is a complex process. I just had to get used to it. The good thing is that once you are able to control this board, you can control all the other varieties in the market.
I, however, have to give credit to the build quality of this gadget, particularly the rubber 6.5-inch r air-filled tires. If you are lucky to enjoy tarmac roads, this little beast will be your all-day companion. It feels very smooth at all speeds and handles bumps very well.
Finally, I have to mention that you can see a lot on its dedicated app. You can track your location on the maps, see battery status and change modes without disembarking. However, be careful not to crash in case this functionality gets you too glued to the phone!
Over To You
That’s my list about the fastest hoverboards. Now I’d like to hear from you:
Have you ever find any interesting items in the top speed hoverboards list?
Do you have any great suggestions?
Leave me a comment to let me know.