Are you looking for the best electric scooter with seat on the market but feel confused by all the available options?
Well, luck is on your side. In the next couple of minutes, we’ll help you narrow down to the 8 best electric scooters for adults, kids, and teenagers with seat.
Since the different features of folding electric scooters may be hard to decipher, our buying guide has everything you need to make a well-informed decision.
- Best Overall– Overwhelming E120 ‘’a highly-rated very affordable electric scooter with seat that is suitable for the entire family.’’
- Best Budget– Viro Vega– ‘’an affordable and seemingly scooter that converts into an e-bike.’’
- Electric scooter with seat kids/teenager– Razor Pocket Mod– ‘’this scooter has a vintage design, inexpensive and simply irresistible for most kids and teens.’’
- Best commuter– Nanrobot X4– ‘’reasonably priced electric scooter with seat, powerful motor, great speed, and range.’’
- Best Battery– Hover-1 XLS– ‘’it recharges fully in 3-4 hours to offer you a range of up to 20 miles.’’
- Best speed– Nanroot D5+ – ‘’this beast can fly at speeds of up to 40 mph.’’
- Best for teens and pre-teens– Razor Metro– ‘’an affordable and very stylish scooter for short commutes around the grocery stores.’’
- Best Splurge– UberScoot 1000w– ‘’offers tons of value with its 1000-watt motor power and durable design.’’
In the following part, I’ll start from the best electric scooter with seat for kids and teenagers first.
1. Overwhelming E120 Electric Scooter with Seat
• Motor: 120W-140W
• Battery: 24V
• Range: 7.5-9 miles
• Max Speed: 13 mph
• Weight: 30 lbs
• Brake System: Rear clipping
• Dimensions: 39″ x 15″ x 33″
• Wheels: 6’’ PU
• Max Load: 177 lbs
• Charging Time: 6-8 hours
The Overwhelming E120 is an impressively designed electric scooter for kids with seat. This model is recommended for kids between 6 and 14 years and has a weight limit of 177 pounds.
The scooter itself weighs 30 lbs and can, therefore be a little bit heavy for this age group to lag around.
The good news, however, is that this scooter’s battery can last up to 60 minutes with constant use or 7.5-9 miles.
In addition, its 6’’ PU tires put the floorboard lower to the ground, thereby making it possible to use this scooter as a traditional kick scooter.
The Overwhelming E120 can hit speeds of up to 13 mph which I consider ideal for the target users and its hand-operated clipping rear brake add to its safety.
What I like
- Adjustable handlebar – considering its wide user bracket, it’s quite impressive that this scooter’s handlebar is height-adjustable
- CE/ROHS certification – this certification offers you peace of mind regarding the materials used for the scooter
- High weight limit – this scooter’s 177-pound weight limit, sturdy frame, and replaceable batteries mean that the kids can use it till they are of age for a more powerful model
2. VIRO Rides Vega 2-in-1 Scooter and Mini Bike
• Motor: 100w
• Battery: 25v 5Amp
• Charge time: 8-10 hours
• Range: 6 miles
• Max Speed:10 mph
• Weight: 42 lbs
• Brake System: lever activated rear disc
• Dimensions: 15.7 x 36 x 36.1 inches
• Max Load: 120 lbs
This scooter by Viro Rides is another very interesting piece of art that is meant for kids 8 years and above and under 120 pounds.
The Vega uses a 100-watt DC motor that offers a maximum top speed of 10 mph. It also has a 25-volt battery that packs enough power to reach distances of up to 6 miles per charge.
What’s so unique about this scooter is its ability to switch from a stand-only scooter to a mini-bike with a seat, feet-support pegs on the front wheel, and a dedicated kick-stand.
This scooter weighs 42 pounds and most kids will, therefore, require some help lifting it around. It’s very easy to use, though, thanks to its height-adjustable handlebar, one-speed thumb-operated throttle, and lever-operated rear disc brake system.
What I like
- 2-in-1 design – I appreciate the convenience of converting it to a scooter with seat without practically installing the seat
- High visibility LED lights – the child can use them to see upcoming hurdles besides warning other kids that he/she is riding towards them
- Intuitive controls – thumb control throttle and lever-activated disc brake offer ultimate riding experience
3. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
• Motor: Chain driven
• Battery: 2 12v
• Range: 10 miles
• Max Speed: 15 mph
• Weight: 51.6 lbs
• Dimensions: 50’’ x 18’’ x 30’’
• Wheels: 12-inch
• Max Load: 170 pounds
• Charging Time: 12 hours
• Light: headlight and brake lights
• Special features: storage under the seat
Our next recommendation is a model that has been consistently awarded the Toy of the Year honor for some years, and it rightfully deserves it.
The Razor Pocket Mod boasts an eye-grabbing European vintage style and it’s available in 7 colors.
This scooter is recommended for 13+ users and can accommodate a maximum load of 170 pounds.
The Mod uses a chain-driven motor that sucks the juice from a pack of two 12-volt lead-acid batteries to score your youngsters speeds of up to 15 mph and a range of 10 miles per charge.
What I like
- All-terrain – while I wouldn’t recommend riding it on the rockiest trails, this scooter’s chain-driven motor and 12-inch pneumatic tires suggest that it can withstand most city terrains with ease
- Very comfortable – the seat is spacious and heavily padded. It also has a sizable footboard and intuitive controls for breezy rides
- Different color options – your kids can choose from 7 colors
Next, you will see a list of the best electric scooter with seat for adults in the following part.
4. NANROBOT X4 Commuting Electric Scooter Foldable
• Motor: 350w
• Battery: 36v 10.4Amp
• Range: 25 miles
• Max Speed: 15-22 mph
• Weight: 33 lbs
• Brake System: Rear hub
• Dimensions: 37.4’’ *21.3’’ *46.8’’
• Wheels: 8-inch
• Max Load: 264 lbs
• Charging Time: 4-6 hours
• Light: Headlight and sidelights
Nanrobot is among the most renowned foldable electric scooter brands, and the X4 is one of their best electric scooters with seat.
This scooter is designed to have you use your car a lot less as its 350-watt motor suggests. This is a seriously powerful motor for its price and promises respectable speeds of 15-22 mph.
But what’s more impressive is its hefty torque that combined with the 8-inch pneumatic tires gives you enough power to climb hills with a gradient of up to 28 degrees without breaking a sweat.
While most of its siblings feature a dual-motor configuration, the single-motor train of this scooter not only makes it lighter at 33 pounds, but it also makes it much more affordable.
What I like
- Awesome range– 18 miles is a great range for a scooter within this price range
- Tons of power– the 350-watt motor has enough torque for most urban ascents
- Incredible stopping power– although this scooter features a rear hub brake system only, it outputs enough stopping almost similar to a disc’s
5. Hover-1 XLS– UL 2272 Certified- E-Bike
• Motor: 250w
• Battery: 48v 26Ah Lithium
• Range: 15-20 miles
• Max Speed: 20 mph
• Weight: 52 pounds
• Brake System: Front and rear disc system
• Dimensions: 42.24″ H x 37.5″ L x 21.2″ D
• Wheels: 10-inch pneumatic
• Max Load: 285 pounds
• Charging Time: 3-5 hours
• Light: headlight, tail lights, and turn signals
• Special features: horn, LED display
The Hover-1 XLS has an attractive design that puts it between a folding electric scooter and an e-bike- and it has a lot to go for.
This scooter is recommended for users above 14 years, and the fact that it can accommodate loads of up to 285 pounds makes it a great folding electric scooter for the entire family.
Now, the Hover-1 XLS uses the standard size 250-watt motor. To make up for that, though, the battery is a super-size 48v 26Amp li-ion that lasts you up to 20 miles with each recharge.
This range coupled with its 20-MPH speed is what makes it a perfect personal commute vehicle for urban dwellers.
The Hover-1 XLS has most of the latest technology that you’d expect in a modern-day scooter including a fully featured control panel, dual disc braking system, 10-inch pneumatic tires with shock absorbers, a bright headlight and tailgate light and, surprisingly, turning lights.
What I like
- Turning lights – they make it the best for urban commutes
- Suspension system – its 10-inch pneumatic tires coupled with the shock absorbers make your rides awesome when riding over rough asphalt and cracked pavements
- Fully-lighted LED display with speedometer, odometer, and trip meter
6. NANROBOT D5+ Powerful Electric Scooter
• Motor: 2000W
• Range: 50 miles
• Battery: 52v 23.4Ah Lithium Ion
• Charging time: 3 hours
• Maximum speed: 40 mph
• Weight: 70 pounds
• Max weight: 330 lbs
• Brake system: Front and Rear Disc Braking System
• Wheels: 10’’
• Absorbers: 6 shock absorbers
• Dimensions: 49 by 45 by 10 inches
What’s your opinion of the best electric scooter with seat- range and speed? Well, the Nanrobot D5+ has just that.
Fitted with a dual-drive system that consists of a 1000-watt motor on each wheel, this is among the strongest and fastest scooters from this manufacturer.
The D5+ offers a maximum speed of 40 mph and can average a mileage of 50 miles per charge. And to seal the deal, its 52v 23.4Ah Li-ion battery recharges in 3 hours only.
Considering this scooter’s speed and power, its dual-wheel disc braking system, 10-inch pneumatic wheels, and a total of 6 shock absorbers come as a necessity rather than a luxury.
What I like
- Tons of power – the 2000-watt motor system is what you need for daily commutes in hilly areas
- Impressive stopping power – its dual-wheel disc system is just perfect for its speed and motor power
- Dual wheel suspension system– this is vital when cruising on even pavements and roads at high speeds
7. Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter
• Range: 10 miles
• Motor: 500 watts
• Top speed: 18 mph
• Max load: 220 pounds
• Weight: 67 pounds
• Brake system: Rear disc system
• Wheel size: 16’’- Pneumatic
• Battery: 36v SLA battery pack
This model’s design is a step ahead of the conventional models in these electric scooters with seat reviews 2019.
Although anyone can use it for fun, the e-bike design of the Ecosmart Metro makes it a great recommendation for anyone who would prefer a scooter primarily for transport.
The Razor Ecosmart Metro has a 500-watt motor that can attain a top speed of 18 mph. Powering is by a 36-volt SLA battery pack located underneath the bamboo deck and which hauls an average size adult to a range of 10 miles before the need for a recharge.
Controlling this scooter is pretty much like riding a bike. The handles are very easy to reach when seated and this makes maneuvering very easy.
This scooter does not have a suspension system, but the 16-inch pneumatic tires coupled with the heavily-padded seat with 2 shock-absorption springs are great performers in flattening small bumps.
What I like
- Appealing design – this scooter’s powder-coated frame and bamboo frame give it an eye-catching vintage design
- Large pneumatic tires – this scooter’s 16-inch air-filled tires won’t get stuck in grooves
- Lead-acid battery – to make up for its 12-hour charging time, this scooter’s lead-acid battery can be safely plugged in overnight
8. UberScoot 1000w Electric Scooter by Evo Powerboards
• Motor: 1000 watts
• Battery: three 12v 12Ah
• Top speed: 24-26 mph
• Range: 10 miles
• Weight: 117 pounds
• Max weight: 265 pounds
• Charging time: 4-8 hours
• Brakes: dual wheel disc system
• Weight: 75 lbs
• Dimensions: 46x13x18 inches
If you’ve ever wanted to add a powerful electric scooter to your collection but your budget won’t allow you to splurge on the Nanrobots, this scooter by Evo Powerboards might interest you.
Its 1000-watt motor power is an output that you don’t always come across especially when talking about scooters in the mid-range.
And its 24-26 mph performance on flat terrains and 10-mile range may be just what you need for running most errands around the town.
This scooter is chain-driven and this means that although it’s a little bit louder, you should expect an impressive amount of torque when going uphill.
This torque in conjunction with the wide, 10-inch pneumatic wheels, and the weight of this scooter’s frame give it a firm and stable grip on different terrains.
What I like
- Very stable – this scooter’s wide 10-inch wheel, powerful motor, and weight of the frame add to its stability
- Great value for money – although its range is wanting, this scooter has a lot to make up for that including a durable design
The Ultimate Electric Scooter with Seat Buying Guide
Electric scooters with seats can be a whole lot of fun to ride than stand-only scooters.
Although a seat makes more sense if you’ll be using the scooter for your daily commutes, for instance, to and from work, most people also report that sitting gives them a deeper feel of stability.
Here are a few vital considerations when buying an electric scooter with seat for adults or kids.
Regardless of how much the scooter costs, we all want something that will pay for itself in terms of durability.
Durability in scooters highly depends on where you plan to use the scooter; in rocky terrains or within the city?
If you are looking for a heftier scooter, consider models that boast aluminum frames since they are resistant to corrosion while being lightweight for portability.
Battery life comes into focus when you start thinking about range (how far you intend to ride the scooter).
If you’ll be hovering just around the block, a very long-lasting battery might not be so essential to you.
If you want to commute short and long journeys riding on the scooter, then a battery that will last you between 60 and 80 minutes on a single charge becomes important.
Before paying for the electric scooter with seat, keep in mind who will be using it and for what purpose.
Different models and brands of scooters accommodate different weight capacities. Thus, you’ll need to take this into consideration to ensure that it can bear the weight of the intended user or users.
Generally, electric scooters with a seat at the lower end of the price spectrum have a weight capacity of 150 lbs on average.
Above the 1k price level, you start comparing models with weight capacities of up to 400 lbs. This points out that the weight capacity of the scooter correlates with the price tag.
Style of seated electric scooter
Electric scooters have borrowed a large part of their design from children’s traditional kick scooters.
And that’s to say that most of the foldable electric scooters that you’ll find on the market today still feature pretty much the same style with the only exception of a padded seat and, of course, motors and a powering system.
If you are looking for something different in terms of design, there are other options including some that resemble a traditional bike, and still others that have adapted continental prime designs.
Top Speed and Distance
The best electric scooters with seat vary greatly in terms of top speed and maximum distance that can be covered from a single charge.
These make the best options for commuting to work in style and without all the inconveniences that come with public road transport means.
Q: What are the best electric scooters with seat at a cheap price?
A: As you may have realized from our best electric scooters with seat reviews, the price is largely determined by the available features as well as range and weight capacity.
The Overwhelming E120 is the most affordable in this list followed By the Viro Vega.
Q: How do you choose an ideal 2-wheel electric scooter with seat?
A: We all have different needs, varying experience levels, and different budgets. This means that we’ll have varying opinions regarding the best electric scooter with seat.
All in all, keep in mind that the durability of the scooter goes hand in hand with the price of the scooter.
Consider the materials used for the scooter paying closer attention to corrosion-resistance, durability, and even much better, waterproof-ability.
Importantly, pay attention to the scooters weight capacity, its battery life, and range, as well as its top speed depending on the distance you want to cover with it.
Q: How to choose the seat when buying an electric scooter with seat?
A: Most scooters feature a seat similar to what you’d find on a bike although they may differ slightly in terms of design and padding.
The most important thing is to consider its comfort levels. In addition, consider whether its height can be adjusted to accommodate different users.
A removable seat is much more preferable if you want to be able to choose between standing and sitting.
Almost all electric scooters with a seat for kids and adults require you to assemble the seat after deliver.
This is usually not a painstaking job, but it’s still important to be ready for some assembly. You could also enquire from the manufacturer or dealer on the tools that will be required and whether they’ll be included in the package to avoid last minute inconveniences.
That’s my post all about the best electric scooters with seat for adults, teenagers and kids.
Do I already cover everything that you are looking for?
Leave me a comment to let me know.