If you are in a hurry then the Segway MiniLITE Smart Self Balancing Electric Transporter is the hoverboard I consider to be the overall winner among all the varieties.
One of the amazing gadgets to ever have been invented is the hoverboards. And unlike in the past when there were few makers, today there is an avalanche of hoverboard brands in the market.
These cool machines have come with great features too. They are fun to ride and have longer-lasting batteries. If you are looking for the best 10 inch hoverboards, then this is the guide you can’t miss.
Take a look at our recommendations for the best 10-inch hoverboards and the alternatives in the market today.
- Best Overall: Segway MiniLITE Smart Self Balancing Electric Transporter. A versatile hoverboard that can be ridden by adults, as well as children yet, packs awesome power having a 1400W motor, 10.5-inch wheels, and 10m/hour top speed.
- Best Commuter: Swagstron T6 Outlaw Off-Road Hoverboard. Has a dual motor and safe learning and standard mode offering a wide range of riding experience for all commuters.
- Best Battery: The Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard. With a battery range of up to 8.4miles you can expect to travel farther than other riders of other hoverboards. Also, it has a low charge time of 2-3 hours.
- Best Alternative: Swagstron App Enable Bluetooth Hoverboard. This is one of the best alternatives for the 10-inch hoverboards if you are on a budget that still has awesome features.
Why trust me?
I know shopping for the right hoverboards is a hustle. You buy what you thought was an awesome hoverboard only for it to break down within a month. I share your pain. Been there done that.
Here is what I do in this field:
- I have been in the hoverboard business for over five years now.
- Our site is regularly updated with the latest in the overboard industry.
- I attend exhibitions to understand the latest hoverboard and electric scooter technology that is brought into the market so that I am able to give the first review.
- It would hurt our conscience to recommend a product that I am not sure about. I consider that unethical.
- Being a huge industry I know no one can claim to be an absolute expert on Hoverboards, and that is why I would be glad to receive feedback from you.
What Is Most Important to You Finding Best 10 Inch Hoverboards?
- Quality. What you want is a hoverboard that has been manufactured taking into consideration the necessary safety measures. Fortunately, the Underwriters Laboratories, a global body based in the US does a thorough job of allowing in the market only hoverboards with UL certification.
- Weight of the Hoverboard. Ideally, a lightweight hoverboard would be the best. For instance, you may reach an impassable stretch of road in which case you would need to carry it, with most hoverboards weighing an average of 20pounds though, you should be spoilt for choice.
- Affordability. Hoverboards like all items for sale have ranges of prices. The pricier hoverboards have a higher quantity of features. However, my advice is you shouldn’t be misled by the features to buy an expensive item you can’t afford.
- Speed. Unlike the earlier models, the modern hoverboards have fast speeds going up even 15ml/s. Of course, you are not likely to overtake a motorbike at that speed but it is enough speed for hovering around and having fun while not straining.
- Weight Of Rider. Hoverboards have weight ratings. You don’t want to carry home your new acquisition summon your best friends to watch as you try it out only for it to snap before them. Embarrassing, isn’t it? Check out the weight rating before buying.
- Age. Vendors have specifications on the preferred age of the rider. Check it. Most are indicated as either for under or over 12 years old. And if they are for children older than 12 years most adults can safely ride them.
- Range. Another important feature. If you usually travel a distance of 15 miles you should make it a point of checking the instructions accordingly because buying one whose charge won’t go beyond 10 miles will not be of much value.
- Charging time. We live in an error of “instance everything”. Most of us “want it now”, and therefore having a hoverboard that will take many hours to fully charge will be draining your patience. Consider taking one that takes less time to charge if other features are fine too.
The Best 10 Inch Hoverboards in 2021
- Motor power: 700 by 2W
- Maximum load: 175 pounds
- TIres: 10.5 Inch
- Maximum Range: 11miles
- Weight: 28lbs
- Top speed: 10m/h
- Warranty: 1year
- Age of rider: 6+
With an average weight of 28 pounds, the Segway MiniLITE Smart Self Balancing Electric Transporter is a lightweight one. However, it also combines its lightweight with awesome power.
While most standard hoverboard engines average 400w the Segway MiniLite boasts of a humongous 1400w. That means you have at your disposal the ability to move faster and safer. Also, you can cruise on smooth roads, bulldoze through rough terrains, uphill and downhill.
To transport that power into action the Segway MiniLite is equipped with10.5” thick and wide, air-filled wheels for efficient cruising around all roads. This is phenomenal considering the standard self-balancing hoverboards have a measly 6.5” wheels.
What is more, with a unique kneebar, your learning kid is safe from injuries. The kneebar which is detachable in case you want to store it will help your kid in the delicate balancing as he learns the hover riding ropes. The Segway Mini LITE is a must-have hoverboard considering its top speed of 10mph.
Additionally, you can be sure to cruise around for a full 11 hours before your fully charged battery is depleted. To make sure you are safe and fully visible to other users the Segway Mini LITE has tail lights as opposed to flashy wheel lights in low-quality varieties currently found in the market.
- 7.5m/h maximum speed
- 90-day warranty
- 5 miles range
- 30 pounds weight
- 500 watts motor power
- 10-inch wheel size
- 265 pounds maximum weight
- UL 2272 Safety Certified
The Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard is a versatile 10 inch hoverboard. It can be used by children and adults alike as it has a three-speed model for the inexperienced up to the pro riders. And at 7.4m/h the speed may not be terrific. Which is appropriate since it is a hoverboard made with adults, inexperienced and children in mind.
With a hover-1 Titan, you can be sure to ride longer distances; the battery has an 8.4 miles range. Not only is the 365V Lithium battery UL 2272 certified for safety, but it is also covered to protect it from outside elements that may get it spoilt.
What the Hover1 Titan lacks in speed it is compensated in power. With a dual-motor, it has a cumulative 500W power which is enough to conquer even 20degrees hill inclines. At 30 pounds the hoverboard is light, but it has wide 10 inch wheels which can override most rough areas, so you won’t need to be carrying it anywhere.
With LED lights on this hoverboard, you can be sure to be visible from other road users for your safe riding. Notably, it also has a dual speaker; one for music and the other for safety updates.
What is more, with a mobile app you can monitor the battery charge, speed and distance traveled.
- 10-inch wheels
- Maximum speeds 10m/h
- Hoverboard weight 31lbs
- 600 watts motor
- 3 hour maximum charging time
- 12 months warranty
- 7-12 miles range
- Weight capacity 380lbs
This unlike others in the market the Swagstron T6 Outlaw Off-Road Hoverboard, is a truly all-terrain hoverboard. Swagstron has other products in the market such as the T580, T1, T2 or T5, but there is none that matches the awesome features found in this hoverboard.
For starters, if you’re the adventurous type of rider then this is your ride. With 10-inch air-inflated wheels you can bulldoze through mud, sand, snow, slippery grass and come out at the other end feeling like a winner.
And with a dual 300W motor this hoverboard is a powerhouse. Unlike other models with one 300w motor, the dual motor means you have a total of 600 hundred watts with which to zoom around. This is a hoverboard with a weight capacity of over 380 pounds which makes it suitable for most riders; adults and children alike.
Just so that you can enjoy a long-range of your ride, the hoverboard is equipped with a UL2272 certified battery that is overcharge proof, ensuring your battery does not breakdown.
Furthermore, the battery is encased with a sentry shield technology that is the exclusive property of Swagway Systems, the makers of the product to ensure the durability of the battery.
Are there any alternatives to the 10-inch hoverboards which are affordable and lightweight? Here are what I find…
- Self-balancing sensors
- Companion App
- Maximum load 220lbs
- Anti-slip pads
- Long-Lasting ABS casing
- Bluetooth speakers
- 7.5 top speed
- UL 2272 Safety Certified
One of the unique features I found to be phenomenal with of Swagstron App Enable Bluetooth Hoverboard is the self-balancing feature. With the gyroscopic sensor, you have full control of this hoverboard. You can direct it to where you want it.
The mechanism is activated by feet. You simply activate it by stepping on it with one leg and once you are on it with two feet the sensors make the hoverboard move forward.
By bending from sides you are able to maneuver the hoverboard. And when you want to stop you simply step down with one foot on the boards and the sensors will signify it to halt.
The mobile app is another phenomenal feature of the Swagtron Bluetooth hoverboard. You have a choice of setting either to standard or learning mode.
For safe use, learning mode is recommended for the new riders for the avoidance of accidents. When on the standard mode the speed is set at the maximum throttle speed for the maximum riding experience of the pro riders.
Thanks to the Swagtron Hoverboard dual-motor you can cruise around at 7.5m/h. And with Sentry shield and Smart Battery management feature, this hoverboard also has a UL2272 certification to its name. The aim is to have you ride around safely. Also with LED lighting, you can be sure you are visible to other road users and therefore safe.
- 36 V Lithium battery
- Charging time of 2-3 hours
- 165 pounds weight capacity
- 10 mp/ hour top speed
- Mobile phone control app
- Bluetooth controlled speakers
If you are looking for one of the most durable and feature-packed yet fairly priced hoverboards then Hoverstar All-New HS2.0 Hoverboard is at the top of its class. At 10m/hour you have a fairly fast one compared to other competing hoverboards.
Being UL certified it is one of the safest and easy to ride hoverboards for children and teenagers alike. Moreover, with a 36V battery that powers a 400W motor, you have a hoverboard that will take you for a range of 10 miles as long as the terrain is smooth. And when the battery goes down, charging is a breeze as within 2-3 hours you will have your battery fully charged and raring to go.
Also, this hoverboard is attractive with lights all over. It has to flash wheel lights together with the fender and bumper LED lights to make you look not only magnificent on your ride but also safe as you can be spotted from a distance by other road users. All said and done the Hoverstar All-New HS2-0 is one of the best hoverboards that is safe, durable, colorful and attractive for riding by everyone.
- Bluetooth speakers
- LED lights
- UL2272 Certification
- Heavy-duty ABS platform
- 3-5 hour battery charge time
- 12m/hour speed
The Cho PowerSports Electric Hoverboard is versatile and safe to use. With UL 2272 certification it means your hoverboard battery is tested and found not to have the ability to overcharge and therefore you are safe from battery hazards.
This is for sure a go-to bike whether you are a beginner or a pro rider, as it comes with a self-balancing feature that helps children and adults alike. Moreover, with high intensity LED lights your safety is guaranteed as you are visible to other road users.
And with a speed of 12 m/h anti-skid equipped hoverboard will have you cruising around the neighborhood with ease. The unit has two speakers with Bluetooth connectivity which allows you to enjoy your music on the go. Even more, phenomenal is that the battery range is up to 5hours making it possible to venture far without fear of running short of charge.
While the Cho PowerSports Hoverboard packs wonderful features it has some downsides. For example, it has a short clearance from the ground up to the stepping frame which makes it difficult to maneuver through the grass.
Another negative is that it has poor decline handling ability. All in all the hoverboard is great to purchase if you want a hoverboard which is cheap but still has awesome features.
If you have been looking for one of the best 10-inch hoverboards, then look no farther. The Segway MiniLite Smart Self Balancing Electric Transporter is our winner. Boasting of awesome features, it is lightweight therefore easy to carry, has padded knee pads for utmost comfort, and it cruises at a top speed of 10mph. With wide all-weather wheels and long battery range before recharge, you are assured of fun-filled riding on your best 10-inch hoverboards in the market today.